You’ve just dropped A LOT of money on the ring – and you have a wedding to plan for. Your engagement shouldn’t break the bank. If you’re looking for sweet, romantic and affordable places to propose in Nashville, TN, this list is for you!
One of the benefits of picking a public place to propose in Nashville is that you can revisit it and remember the day you said, “yes”! Pick a place that’s already special to you, or create a romantic outing that will become a spot to make lifelong memories.
Here are 10 cheap places to propose in Nashville. Have one to add? Leave it in the comments!
10 Cheap Places to Propose in Nashville
- Arrington Vineyards (6211 Patton Rd, Arrington, TN 37014) – The perfect place to propose starts with a picnic and in-house wine tasting. Then pop the question during the breathtaking views of rolling hills at sunset. Arrington Vineyards is located 25 minutes south of downtown Nashville or 10 minutes from Franklin & Murfreesboro. Best of all, it’s free to visit!
- John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge (Shelby Street Bridge) – Boasting the best view of Nashville, the pedestrian bridge is a favorite of tourists and locals alike. You’ll get the best photos during the sunset, but it’s also likely to be the busiest. Go early in the morning if you’re looking to capture some great photos. Also, this one is free to visit as well! (Psst…pick up some amazingly cool balloons from the balloon bar at nearby Harlan Ruby before you go!)
- FLWR shop (123 S 11th St, Nashville, TN 37206) – Stick with me on this one….I could think of nothing more romantic than taking your significant other to the gorgeous FLWR shop, allowing her to pick her favorite loose stems from their flower bar, taking it to the counter, where a staff member adds one special stem to the bouquet and wraps it. On that final stem is your special ring. You take her to the front steps of the gorgeous home and there, pop the question. After you hear that “yes,” you walk across the street to celebrate together over local favorite Pied Piper Creamery ice cream. (Maybe your friends and family are even waiting inside!)
- Beaman Park (5911 Old Hickory Blvd, Nashville, TN 37218-3500) – Just 20 minutes northwest of Nashville near Joelton, Beaman Park is one of the best kept hiking secrets around. Plan an afternoon hiking a 2 or 3 mile loop, then take a break by the creek with a snack, and propose to your outdoor-loving significant other.
- Pomodoro East Patio (701 Porter Rd, Nashville, TN 37206) – This is a casual Italian restaurant with a super sweet patio, Sunday brunch & daily happy hour. Spend a leisurely dinner then talk about your bright future together under the patio string lights in hip East Nashville. Top off your engagement with sorbet or tiramisu. Don’t forget to Instagram! (Side note: Nearby Eastland Cafe has a sophisticated, yet casual vibe and has a daily happy hour as well! Then walk across the street to end your evening at Jeni’s Ice Cream or Ugly Mugs coffee!)
- Centennial Arts Center (301 25th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37203)– One of the best-kept secrets in Nashville, this venue has a lovely herb garden, pergola and outdoor tables (and chairs) in a walled courtyard. The Herb Garden, maintained by The Herb Society of Nashville, surrounds the fountains, making this a wonderful place to hold events in Centennial Park. Access to the courtyard is free and open to the public Monday–Thursday, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.!
- Franklin Farmer’s Market at The Factory (230 Franklin Rd, Franklin, TN 37064) – Is your significant other into sustainable farming, agriculture, and slow food? This quaint market runs Saturdays 8am to 1pm. Grab an old fashioned donut, peruse some fresh Tennessee produce and goods, then grab some lunch at a local food truck, find an intimate spot to eat and talk, then pop the question. Have a friend waiting in the wings to grab some candid shots of you walking arm-in-arm at the market. They’ll make adorable engagement photos.
- Gaylord Opryland (2800 Opryland Drive, Nashville, TN 37214) – This classic engagement spot has lots of picturesque places to propose to the love of your life. Inside the conservatory, on a boat ride inside the Delta, or outside under the Christmas lights. But be prepared – traffic gets super busy during the holiday season. (Local tip: park at Opry Mills and walk to the hotel from the back side rather than paying for parking at the hotel.)
- Steps of the Schermerhorn Symphony Center (One Symphony Place, Nashville, TN 37201-2031) – The Schermerhorn is my favorite venue in Nashville. For a perfect evening, park in the lot by the Titans Stadium and walk across the John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge. This takes you right to the Schermerhorn Symphony Center fountains. Stop by the front steps for a regal proposal (then take in an evening at the symphony if your budget allows! Tickets are available for as little as $21/pp). Or, plan your proposal during the symphony’s free community concert series during the summer!
- The Café at Thistle Farms (5122 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37209) – This newly renovated and expanded cafe is volunteer-built and filled with love. Look for the porcelain tea cup chandelier! Staffed by Thistle Farms graduates, there’s nothing not to love about the mission of Thistle Farms. Plus, it offers Nashville’s only daily, traditional afternoon tea service. Announce your engagement on the socials using Thistle Farms’ hashtag: #LOVEHEALS. Indeed.
Check out this post: 10 Cheap Nashville Wedding Venues
Picture of Arrington Vineyard by Cal Evans, used with permission under Creative Commons license