Cheap Ways To … is the blog about saving a buck without losing your mind by Cara Davis, author ofCheap Ways to Tie the Knot, Wedding on a Budget and Budget Wedding Boot Camp. Cara is a content consultant and volunteer for Help-Portrait. She received a degree in journalism from Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee, where she lives with her husband, two daughters and dog.
I began this blog in 2006 after I planned my wedding in under six months for $5,000. My tips have been featured in USA Today, The New York Times, Colorado Brides, Chicago Bride Magazine, Destination I Do Magazine, St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine and many more. My favorite things are sipping sparkling apple juice, riffling through thrift store paintings and listening to Michael McDonald, although not at once. Although that’s not a bad idea.
In the News
- Hawaii Wedding on a Budget (USA Today)
- When Family or Close Friends Miss a Milestone Celebration (New York Times)
- Tales from the Bride: How to Have a Wedding on a Shoestring Budget (CBN.com)
- Cheap Nashville Wedding Venues
- My Favorite Pound Cake Recipe
- Sites to Order Cheap Flowers
- Fun, Cheap Backdrop for Parties and Photos
- Cheap Tux Rentals