Cara Davis, author of three DIY books, Cheap Ways to Tie the Knot, Wedding on a Budget and Budget Wedding Boot Camp, is a content consultant and the former editorial director for Relevant Media Group. Her writing has appeared in The Huffington Post, Fox News, The New York Post and CNN, and she’s been quoted in USA Today and The New York Times. Cara received a degree in journalism and a minor in communication design from Belmont University in Nashville, TN. After 11 years in Orlando, FL, she hangs her hat in Nashville again, where she lives with her husband and two daughters and drinks copious amounts of coffee.
I began this blog in 2005 after I planned my wedding in under six months for $5,000. My tips have been featured in USA Today, The New York Times, Colorado Brides, Chicago Bride Magazine, Destination I Do Magazine, St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine and many more. My favorite things are sipping sparkling apple juice, riffling through thrift store paintings and listening to Michael McDonald, although not at once. Although that’s not a bad idea.
In the News
- Hawaii Wedding on a Budget (USA Today)
- When Family or Close Friends Miss a Milestone Celebration (New York Times)
- Tales from the Bride: How to Have a Wedding on a Shoestring Budget (CBN.com)
- Cheap Nashville Wedding Venues
- 66 Free Things to Do in Nashville Year-Round
- 10 Cheap Charlotte Wedding Venues
- 10 Cheap Atlanta Wedding Venues
- 10 Cheap Houston Wedding Venues